Fleeting Images

The fleeting images passed me by
along that corridor where the lights dimmed
the footsteps were silent as they neared
and the bells peeled faintly as you murmured.

Strange words apprehended the arrival
the urge to feed almost tore me apart
the beast within was forced to awake
as the intoxicating you was perfumed fast.

The thrill of a homecoming feast welcomed
at the bosom of my nemesis I gained strength
and courage to fight off the pretenders
utopia is within my reach and be mine tonight.

For a share of this triumphant victory
a chance was placed by their wings to meet
the maker's pact with death's own perversion
the obstacles made clear the fear that had killed.

The fleeting images became translucent
the lights were darkness as I awoke
to find the footsteps halted in treachery
my el dorado had revealed a cunning plot!

Fleeting images could not salvage the savage beast
the maker's rash abandonment had me lured
that it sneered and snapped at my knees
and my body broke without knowing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence