Disappointments

This is one of those times that I can really feel like crying but then I cannot. Sometimes it hurts real bad if you're suddenly disappointed. The feeling is like that of being on top of a ladder, enjoying a picturesque and panaromic view and then out of a sudden the ladder gives in to your weight, fall sideways and you come crashing down to good-old Earth.

Sometimes it can be much higher still. Maybe on top of a building. Or clouds perhaps. But all these do matter not. Whether or not you die after you crashed or just suffer from few minor blemishes, you have fallen still, short of what you expect to have before all the hopes come crashing down with the disappointment leading the way.

It is sad. Yes it is. But you ask yourself while typing this down with trembling fingers - Is it worth the toil of your heart when many other things are waiting for you up there? If only you can just stand up, take a deep breath, take hold of the fallen ladder and lean it up against the wall again, you will be able to climb again.

There are no promises made though. The ladder cannot guarantee you that you will not fall again. But it can promise you that no matter how many times you fall, it will still be there waiting for you to seek it, to hold on to it, and to set it upright again. The only thing there is to do after every disappointment is in fact the only thing that can be done, to stand up boldly and try again.

I cannot say that I can stand up straight after i have fallen no less than the times I have stood up again. But I think I can say it for myself, I will try to stand up again as long as the ladder remains.

Disappointments come to take away the boldness and the confidence in doing the things that you should do, and give you the authority to do the things that you should not do. Try, instead, to master the art of being bold and confident in doing the things that you should do while enjoying the feeling of not doing the things that you should not do, authoritatively.

Comments

Mel said…
He still listens :) It's a great assurance that money can't but, just to know that He'll catch you when you fall.

1 Peter 5:7
Jesus is the same, yesterday, today and forever. May you be lifted in your spirit by His unfailing love and promises :)
Mel said…
Btw, I love your blog. You're so genuine in your sharing and you are generous and unafraid in giving a piece of your life to others to share. :) I found it thru Chris' blog and thank God I found you! Have a great day whenevr you're reading this!
Kevin said…
Haha...I can't say I know you really well but outside, or the one I saw of you in NC reminded me of a friend I once had who's very outrageously cheerful but then through your blog I can read alot of what your heart's crying out.

And it's particularly concerting and calming to know who you are always crying out to, I especially love the one entry so many loved before and still love...the one about your mom!

Do keep in touch girl! And more nice entries for us out here...sincerely hoping to share your thoughts by reading and pondering over them!

Popular posts from this blog

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence