DARN GAMES!

I am playing FIFA WORLD CUP 2006 in the comfort of my own room and couldn't help thinking about a very serious question - Why do people play computer games?

Now the reason I ask that question is not because I am happily enjoying and winning the game, rather I am beaten by the computer-controlled Germany 2-0. Now I am not a sore loser of any sort. I am merely frustrated by the fact that I didn't do a single thing about this addiction of mine even though I know of the inevitable truth behind computer games.

Now games like this in particular, or each and everyone of those games you can find in the market are cheaters. Listen to me before you decide whether or not the flask of hot water beside you is going to end up all over my head - they are cheaters because they control your enjoyment. Every minute is spent by a random gamer in a random game trying to beat the game without knowing that the game is actually been programmed in such a way that it can be extremely easy to beat em, or not at all.

Forget about the option where you can change the difficulty level. They are there because the average gamer wants it there. It makes the game seems fair and real. It kinda like, oh I beat the game in the EXTREME HARDCORE HELL HARD mode! I must be darn good! No such luck brother... I just figure out that if they are determined to let you lose the game, you are going to lose the game no matter what.

Back to the WORLD CUP game i was on just now, it seems rubbish to have all the teams separated into respective rankings, and the players having different stats distributions, some weaker while some are supermans. Why, a computer-controlled team of St. Kitts Island or something in which I doubt whether their real location can be found in the world map can beat Brazil who is ranked 1st and have almost all her players above 85 stats rating upon the maximum 100, while players of the St. darny only positioned around +-5 of 50. The ball is round, yeah... right =.=

All the above rantings are not done without experiments mind you. I try many times selecting the best team for myself and play it against a super ultimate weakling of a team in the very cheaply difficulty level of SEMI-PRO. Then I purposely concede three goals in the game and try to achieve Liverpool's champion league comeback against Milan. To no avail. Of course Brazil is finally beaten by St. Kitts. If that was real, it would have made it to the headlines for four consecutive weeks! Few exceptions were when I managed to salvage a draw, and that require a tremendous amount of willpower and frequent smacking of my monitor and the feverent slamming of my hands onto my keyboard.

The best part is that when you don't purposely concede 2 or 3 goals and above against very weak teams and 1 goal to 2 goal against good and average teams, they tend to play like shit and you can easily beat them 5 goals to 0. Talk about how technology has made those pixellated players moving to and fro on my monitor have feelings. They can have their morale boosted and vice versa! LMAO!

Well well, this post is for those average gamers out there; pro-gamer might think they are invincible and unbeatable! If only I had the time and money I would have gone on to carry out much more intricate assignments and experiments of which I am sure can prove that our poor gamers' souls are controlled by computer games.

Until then, I will gladly retreat back to resuming the friendly match between ENGLAND and GERMANY. Half way point of 0-0. Wish me luck against those darn pixellated players!

Comments

Andrew said…
Yalor Yalor! The game set for you already - to loose or win. Try playing Championship Manager: we are not in control!!

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence