Tale of Two Hearts

The fine morning sun!
Tempts sleepless grass around my legs
to cling onto my skin
and adorn which with pearls of dawn's dew

All around me the world sleeps
as I try to find peace in a peaceful world
and laugh at those who try
too hard in a lesser one

The fine morning sun!
Climbs up the bright blue sky
Glares at my warming hair; they stand
a conclave pride to be counted

I wrap my hands around you
tips of my fingers caressing every crevice
and smell I do of your
kept and unchecked fragrance

The fine morning sun!
It is a little too fine but for the wind
he a cheeky fellow
and he my only need satisfied

As I continue to keep you company
you pour your heart out to me
and I hear every word you speak
urges me to stop and think

Alas, the fine morning sun no more!
the wind stops satisfying
dews denied existence till tomorrow
but still I find you in my hands lying

I rejoice at the time so still
and yet that moment she approaches
envious of our loving embrace
she seeks to destroy

The nature's mercenary constantly
disrupts my awe of you
and your beauty
exchanged with a sense of ferocity

I turn savage and murderous
snuff her out I must
for as long as she is around
I cannot think only of you

She skips and dances gracefully
around my growing impatience
kisses me again and again
mocks me with her loving bites

I know I can no longer bear
being unfair
though you had come first
I must choose to let go

By now, the fine morning sun!
Hides behind the looming canopies
he refuses to budge and joins
in the fun he thinks we are having

Then the world awakes
a cue for me to leave
I beg nature's reserve pardon
and vow to kill her mistress

Someday I will come back
and I will never forget the fine morning sun
nor the dews, and you my precious
shall see to her demise with your hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence