A Tribute to Thee

The following poem was written a very long time ago, and kept hidden in a book which I just recently unearthed from the pile of trash in my house. I have written so many poems that I lost count, and therefore not really sure if I had posted this before or not. Still going to post it anyway.

a tribute to thee, in fond memories
of morrow winter's night
and storytellers' fright,
a truthful acknowledgment in misery
of life ceased be
and traversed thee through time
which collided with songs not rhymed,
dreaded and dreamt
suffereth in vain;-
finally tho thee escaped
to a better place I supposed!
but where?
which sings forever
of jolly laughter never,
and not a summer sun could shine
to warm the cold dwelling's fine
field of feathery dew
thee waved they flew
and swirled and loomed a dark shadow,
should it be immortalized, this meadow -
within this chilling choking cage,
fond memories vintage-d.

Comments

Nadia said…
kevin, ur poems are pretty good!
(this is my 1st time here btw)

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence