Silence of the Crowd

Silence of the crowd
is sweet to my ears
that hear only whispers
that hide the truest tide time brings
so will she, initially,
as hidden as a pretty coat veil
from far a land as thee hail
bloomed is the moon-struck happiness
that confounded darkness by joy untold
and sadness lies still
unabashed my conscience stood
for there the wolves bade me adieu,
my lonely heart sings songs
that scream of whispers of the same
old feeling, in dignity,
parted the guilt and shame
and left only what's left of me.

Silence of the crowd
frantic as a fervor-driven famine
that threatened a looming larceny
come to feed the hands of hell
so shall we, similarly,
for the stars infinite
touch each grain of sand
with solemnity that skewers soul
near the empty shell may be
no warmth, nor coldness felt
and swirling swift mist i missed
now misses all the sparkles of fire
that is ignited with passion
and guile and ironic ideas,
for what seemed like vines of venerability
now seems to me,
something unravelled as ghastly as thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence