Smiles

It is just one of those days that I feel are meaningless; something that should not be since there are so many things around for me to do. However, I am glad that these days should come around once in awhile, because it is during these days, in particular today, that I suddenly think of you.

The smiles that you have given me, but along the roads I want to thread I have forgotten them, are coming back to tease my memory, to fill it with the sweet smell of your afterbath fragrance that reminds me of dewberry and wishwood. I cannot attach a face to the smiles though.

I long to touch you my lovely smiles. The tears I wish I can see flowing from your eyes again. Those mesmerizing eyes that remind me of a fool who cannot forgive.

I wish, as many other lovers do, that I can turn back time to the place where you were still standing at back then. I missed you then, but I didn't realize the significance of missing you. I blamed it on you, so now you can blame me for only seeing your smiles.

I know my heart will cry a tear everytime I remember those smiles again. And when it does, I am glad that it is your smiles I remember, and not you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence