The Case of the Putrid Pauper 1

Now the Putrid Pauper walks along the road of Wisdom. On a road as such he is bound to bump into someone called the Old Man of Wisdom, and so he does. The old man asks him something that he does not know which sounds to him like this

"Do you know that being rich means living unhappily and in fear all the time?"

The Putrid Pauper immediately thinks that the Old Man of Wisdom is really wise and starts to compliment and praise him. He even tries to kiss him.

After awhile the Old Man of Wisdom says, " Why do you think that I am wise? Because I know things you know not of? Because I am old? Or because my name says that I am wise?"

The Putrid Pauper says that it might be all the above and also because the name of the road is Wisdom, so naturally everyone he sees here must be wise to some extent.

The Old Man of Wisdom says," I see you here."

The Putrid Pauper hesitates for awhile and replies," I am just lost."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence