Listlessness Lamentation

A pious man explained to his followers: "It is evil to take lives and noble to save them. Each day I pledged to save a hundred lives. I drop my net in the lake and scoop out a hundred fishes. I place the fishes on the bank, where they flop and twirl. "Don't be scared," I tell those fishes. "I am saving you from drowning." Soon enough, the fishes grow calm and lie still. Yet, sad to say, I am always too late. The fishes expire. And because it is evil to waste anything, I take those dead fishes to market and I sell them for a good price. With the money I receive, I buy more nets so I can save more fishes. -Anonymous

Does that passage reflect who you are sometimes? Does it feel as though you are reading your own doings being portrayed in a very metaphorical way? For once in the blog, I am providing neither questions nor answers. PLEASE think for yourself.

Wish the sadness that resides will so much as cease to hurt; wishing that by dreading the agony it will seem less...wish it had all been a dream, full of sorrow and tears and loved ones and dears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence