Disturbing Destinies?

It is utterly disturbing how strange this world can be. Just a few days ago I celebrated a dear friend's birthday. With her of course. We sort of gathered and thought of giving her a surprise but it turned out the wind was against us. Nevertheless it was a happy night, and she told us she was extremely surprised!
On that particular night, as I was sitting on the makeshift couch, I told myself nothing mattered; the time, sacrifices, money- nothing in this strange world could take that special moment away from all of us. As I saw her face basked in the light that shone forth from the candles, I knew that was almost her happiest moment. I couldn't bring myself to believe I was tired and discouraged.
Then just a few days later I met up with another dear friend of mine, and you wouldn't even believe how much problems she's facing. Trust me, you wouldn't even want to know. Not that I'm telling you this to make you feel as though no one has no problems, but for the fact that I have never in my entire 22nd years of life ever seen such burdens on such small pair of shoulders.
This world is strangely disturbing, one moment I might just be happy and in a split second my mind's instantly filled with cold, bitter bits of memories and I am all but engulfed in flames of fraility. Frail not because the ways of this strange world hold me, but because of the fact that it's disturbing.
One moment my roommate might be studying; a nanosecond later he will be reading the newspapers to check whether Chelsea really got thumped by Middlesbrough, and a few seconds later he will be revising. Trust me. This is a strange world, and it's disturbing. The next moment I might be celebrating your foolishness of following this article to the end. And then the next moment of the next moment I will be writing another piece of dumb article to entice more readers like you.
This is strangely disturbing, isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointments

the five people you meet in heaven

Innocence